nafex - [NAFEX] fighting brown rot on stone fruit

  • From: Alan Haigh <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fighting brown rot on stone fruit
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:45:53 -0600

I learned from experience a long time ago that a single application of fenguconazole (Indar) applied about a month prior to ripening of fruit can be a panacea for brown rot on peaches and plums.  I believe Monterey Fungus Fighter contains the same ingredient as found in Orbit which is a similarly affective fungicide.

I will be quite disappointed if or when BR breaks the lock on the sterol inhibitors of which both materials are members of because Pristine is so fricken much more expensive.

For those seeking a non-synthetic alternative, Saf-T-Oil, has been showing good results in studies.

  • [NAFEX] fighting brown rot on stone fruit, Alan Haigh, 11/20/2010