nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pluots in Nebraska

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pluots in Nebraska
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:46:56 -0600

I have Brown Rot completely gone from all my 25 stone fruit trees using a few sprays of propiconazole , Monterey Fungi Fighter from Jungs. http://www.jungseed.com/dp.asp?pID=50291&c=218&p=Fungi-Fighter+Systemic+Fungicide+%28Qt%29

Thanks, Grover!  I'll give that a try next year.

And yes, I'm going to try to thin heavily next year.  I always try, but the fruit is so tiny then that it looks thinner than it really is. And I hate to throw away potential fruit (even when I give almost all of it away, since I grow far more than I can possibly eat myself).

This year, too, I left a lot of fruit to try to slow down the growth of my trees. Everything is pretty crowded here, and I've been trying to keep my trees small. But next year, I'm going to thin heavily, so I can compare the difference. Well, I'm going to TRY to do that, anyway.

:-)

Thanks again.

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
My definition of a free society is a society where it is safe to be unpopular. - Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.