nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Bug-resistant apples (was Williams Pride)

  • From: <jelie@new.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Bug-resistant apples (was Williams Pride)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:18:41 +0000

Hey Scott,

I have seen online where PRI's Co-op 17 was determined to be the most insect
resistant of about 200 varieties. Sorry I cannot site a source, but googling
"co-op 17" may get you close. There are a number of apples who are referred
to as insect resistant in their descriptions but like the diseases it could
be relative to their region. I believe that Black Oxford is considered as
having some insect resistance.

Jim Elie
Green Bay WI
zone 4/5