nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Brown rot resistant cultivars

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Brown rot resistant cultivars
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:20:29 -0500

Deb,

In my orchard, Belle of Georgia (white peach) and PF1 (yellow) never never
seem to get any rot. I spray, but if there are heavy rains, most peach
varieties will get a small percentage of peaches w/ light superficial rot on
the skin. I've not seen that on PF1 or Georgia Belle. Neither get any bac.
spot. They both bloom about the same time as all my other peaches (about 20
varieties). PF1 is a cling, Georgia Belle is free. I wouldn't describe
Belle of Georgia as tasting great, but flavor's acceptable, and infinitely
better than typical store bought peaches. PF1 has a good flavor.

Mark
Zone 6 KS