nafex - Re: [NAFEX] winemaking book list

  • From: Hilborn.E@epamail.epa.gov
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] winemaking book list
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:09:01 -0400

"Betsy, and pals; once you learn the basics of winemaking (it isn't
hard) you might be hooked on it. Especially because you won't be making
Grape wines, most likely. Using fruit for wine, YOU make the rules and
determine what is good and what isn't. Don't despair if your first batch
or two ends up in the drain. Keep your batches down to one gallon each
until you can play without looking at sheet music. Keep a journal to
avoid repeating mistakes."

Murph! Thank you so much for the list of references, the advise and the
encouragement. I hope that I too can be 'trained' in just five years!

Betsy