nafex - Re: [NAFEX] OT: wheat hybrids

  • From: Anton Callaway <marillen@earthlink.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] OT: wheat hybrids
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 20:25:35 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

If any hybrid wheat seed is commercially available, it will be scarce. Like
I said, it's not trivial to make hybrid wheat on a mass scale and without
being able to mass produce the seed, there probably is not enough money in it
for the big boys to make it happen.

For what it's worth, there is some interesting reading here:
http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/y4011e/y4011e0c.htm

Regards,

Anton