nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Can't grow Hudson's Golden Gem

  • From: Lee Reich <lreich@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Can't grow Hudson's Golden Gem
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 12:59:06 -0400

That's interesting about Hudson's Golden Gem. I live fairly close to Alan and mine have always done well. I have never seen a codling moth on them and they don't seem particularly susceptible to other problems. I also use a very light spray program of sulfur and either Surround or Imidan, sometimes only spraying 3-4 times per season.

Lee Reich, PhD

Books by Lee Reich:
A Northeast Gardener's Year
The Pruning Book