nafex - [NAFEX] Quince

  • From: Scott Smith <scott@cs.jhu.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Quince
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:19:24 -0400

I have fought fireblight on my quince for 8 years and have had enough, they
are getting chopped down once the harvest is in this year. This is with
agrimycin etc sprays. I had three varieties and all were bad (one already
died from the infection). They also were the primary source of later season
fireblight on my apples.

So, Pinapple, Smyrna, and Aromatnaya were no good and more generally if you
have blight problems already I would stay away from quince: they can greatly
worsen the situation since they will be a reservoir of the disease.

Stephen, I don't think Regalia helps with fireblight, at least its not on the
label.

Scott

  • [NAFEX] Quince, Scott Smith, 09/20/2010