nafex - [NAFEX] Canadian Source of Egremont Russet

  • From: david.maxwell@dal.ca
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Canadian Source of Egremont Russet
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 10:20:24 -0300

I have 2 trees which were supposed to be Egremont Russet, but clearly are
not. (They were
obviously mislabelled). The CCG's 2 mother trees of Egremont have died.
They asked me if
I could find them budwood to try to replace them in their collection. Note
that this is the
central genebank, so it is critical that we be certain of the identity. If
we can find budwood
within the next week or two, Roberto says he would like to bud now. (Seemed
a little late for
budding to me, but Roberto says no, and he is a lot more knowledgeable than
I). If any
Canadian members have Egremont Russet, (and are certain of ID), could they
contact me
(off list: david.maxwell@dal.ca) and I will try to organise the exchange.

  • [NAFEX] Canadian Source of Egremont Russet, david . maxwell, 09/08/2010