nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Fruit for Diabetics

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@firstva.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Fruit for Diabetics
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:45:13 -0400

Deb, the article you reference tells a lot more about the deleterious effects
of
fructose than the benefits. There has been a lot of fear about fructose
since its
addition to so many foods in the form of high-fructose corn syrup. I don't
know if
the fears are justified or not. It's not easy to suss out; table sugar
(sucrose) is half
fructose itself.

Fruits contains a variety of types of sugars. For a comprehensive analysis
of
dozens of fruits, see:

http://www.thepaleodiet.com/nutritional_tools/fruits_table.html

For layman's explanations of the different sugars, see:

http://www.fitnessspotlight.com/2008/4/18/what-sweetener-should-you-
choose-sugar-honey-agave-nectar/?ffa49040

~David Consolvo