nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Growing blueberries in alkaline soil - well, actually in bales of peat moss

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Growing blueberries in alkaline soil - well, actually in bales of peat moss
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:57:41 -0700 (PDT)

Naomi,  How about growing them in pots?  Bb's are one small fruit that does well this way and you can start off with the soil of choice.  I have about 30 plants in pots and have berries go to waste because we can't use them all.  Every year I mulch the pot with about a one inch layer of new peat/sand mix.

John