nafex - [NAFEX] Soil Lab for Toxicity Testing?

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Soil Lab for Toxicity Testing?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 22:14:00 -0700

Hi folks,

I know folks have talked soil labs on this list a couple times but they've been standard soil tests for mineral quality. I'm trying to get my town to start up a community garden and one of the hurdles we'll have to clear is having soil tested. As I understand it, this sort of test is much more expensive than the standard $20 - 40 soil assay. If folks have suggestions for labs that do low cost soil tests for toxicity, I'd be mighty obliged.

Megan Lynch
http://www.meganlynch.net

South Pasadena, CA  Zone 9

  • [NAFEX] Soil Lab for Toxicity Testing?, Spidra Webster, 08/25/2010