nafex - [NAFEX] Mirrors to Maximize Light in Garden?

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Mirrors to Maximize Light in Garden?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:03:51 -0700

I'm moving this week and will have to get used to gardening in the San Gabriel Valley again. The only land my family will make available to me is fairly shady, though. I was wondering if it's possible to maximize the available light by using mirrors. I've googled a bit but what I'm finding has to do with ornamental use of mirrors in the garden rather than practical use for light. Does anyone know whether light cheating like this would work?

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA

CRFG, NAFEX: I'm in USDA Zone 9b

Garden with me on Folia: http://myfolia.com/gardener/spidra