nafex - Re: [NAFEX] netting

  • From: "Richard J. Ossolinski" <ossoeo@myfairpoint.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] netting
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:13:36 -0400

Anyone tried tulle?  Very cheap, lots of options.
Richard
Gouldsboro, ME  Zone 5

On Jun 8, 2010, at 9:41 PM, jerrydana5@aol.com wrote:

Does anybody know of some good, cheap, able-to-be-handled netting?  I have a number of blueberry bushes and the birds, of course, wipe me out unless I net them. The popular deer netting is extremely difficult to  handle.  I have the bushes in a row about 50 feet long and have wires stretched the whole way over them higher than the bushes, so I can just drape netting over the wires and that will cover the blueberries.  But I cannot find any netting that is reasonable in price which can be easily draped over wires, and then removed and re-used the next year.  Any advice?  jerry in southern Indiana