nafex - Re: [NAFEX] netting

  • From: Jwlehman@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] netting
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 10:03:52 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2010 6:14:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pete_tallman@hotmail.com writes:

My favorite netting is the 1/2-inch mesh nylon netting from Lee Valley, http://www.leevalley.com/us/garden/page.aspx?c=&p=10444&cat=2,51555It doesn't tangle nor deteriorate after several years like some black plastic netting. I don't know if this would qualify for "cheap", but I'm willing to cover the cost for its quality and ease of use. It's in 12-ft widths, so it probably needs two widths tied together to cover the berries.
Pete TallmanLongmont, CO

You bet Pete! Netting isn't the place to go cheapo. I have one large one with 1/4 inch rather than 1/2 mesh. There is a world of difference in the two when pulling over a tree or bush. Branch ends and fruit such as cherries don't get caught and tear the netting nearly as quickly as with 1/2 mesh. Don't remember where I got mine but will never again buy 1/2 inch mesh netting.

My advise is spend the extra money. Makes covering much easier and will last longer.

Jerry