nafex - [NAFEX] goji

  • From: "Michele Stanton" <6ducks@gmail.com>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] goji
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:13:08 -0400

I bought some dried Goji from whole foods, separated out the seeds, and got very high % germination.

This was last year.  I planted a few in my yard, but they struggled and by the end of the summer they were gone.

If they do well in the Rockies, then maybe my site had too much humidity?  Not fast enough drainage? It wasn’t a very warm summer, either.  Maybe they need a more acid/more alkaline soil (mine is near neutral).

Michele in SW Ohio

  • [NAFEX] goji, Michele Stanton, 05/10/2010