nafex - [NAFEX] FW: NAFEX Re: apricot won't break dormancy

  • From: "Dr. Lucky Pittman" <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] FW: NAFEX Re: apricot won't break dormancy
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 14:29:26 -0500

From: aclyburn17@verizon.net [mailto:aclyburn17@verizon.net]
Subject: RE: NAFEX Re: apricot won't break dormancy

Dear Lucky:
Please relay this note to the NAFEX

I read somewhere a couple years ago that you should tent dogwoods in a plastic tarp of some sort and then water them excessively when they won't break dormancy. The increased humidity is supposed to force them out of dormancy.
Perhaps the same principle was at work with Sarah's apple tree? I don't think it would hurt the apricot to try this seeing as the only other option is to replace it.

Anita Clyburn
Terre Haute, Indiana, zone 5

  • [NAFEX] FW: NAFEX Re: apricot won't break dormancy, Dr. Lucky Pittman, 05/10/2010