nafex - Re: [NAFEX] summer peach tree trimming

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] summer peach tree trimming
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:41:56 -0500

Jerry,

You and I are about the same latitude and probably the same zone. Pruning
peaches after fruiting has worked well for me, as long as it's not too late
in the season (say before Aug. 1st). Shoots will continue to grow for the
remainder of the season, yet it seems to slow the trees to about the right
amount of vigor.

Mark
Zone 6 KS