nafex - Re: [NAFEX] paint

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] paint
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 07:39:45 -0500

Do you protect your tree trunks from winter sun with white latex paint? Does
the paint harm the bark?

I paint my trees with diluted (equal parts of paint and water) interior latex paint. But it's not so much to protect them from the winter sun as to try and delay them from coming out of dormancy in the spring.

I don't know if it really helps - probably not much, in any case - but I'm always trying to delay blooming on just about everything (and especially on my apricots).

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
Belligerence is the currency of the intellectually bankrupt. - Charles M. Blow