nafex - [NAFEX] Disposal Apple Grinder

  • From: Robert Capshew <rcapshew@insightbb.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Disposal Apple Grinder
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 23:02:45 -0400

I also think that the disposal apple grinder is a great
solution for small pressings.  My first disposal was a
steel covered one which overheated as many have
also experienced.  My second disposal had a plastic
cover over the motor.  After I removed the cover and
the foam insulation it rarely overheated.

The largest drawback to the disposal grinder is the need
to cut the fruit to fit in the disposal.  Perhaps I'm spoiled
since I now have a reconditioned Day equipment press that
will take whole apples or pears.

Bob Capshew
Southern Indiana

  • [NAFEX] Disposal Apple Grinder, Robert Capshew, 05/05/2010