nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Brian Smith's Black Ice Plum

  • From: Melissa Kacalanos <mijwiz@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Brian Smith's Black Ice Plum
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 09:11:16 -0700 (PDT)

I have no direct experience with it, but I was curious about this plum too,
so I did my own searching and found that 'Black Ice' is the marketing name of
a new plum called 'Lydecker', patent here:
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/PP16621.html

Its mother is not 'Toka' (famed for flavor) but the cherry-plum 'Oka' (famed
for hardiness.)

Melissa