nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw flowers & freeze temp

  • From: "Hal Love" <lovehd@comcast.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pawpaw flowers & freeze temp
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:23:54 -0600

The black material is good for absorbing heat during the day, but at night
it radiates the heat out with the same efficiency. You would likely need a
lot of heat absorbing material underneath to make it work in your favor. I
learned the hard way not to use it.

For me, I normally don't have freeze issues when its windy during spring. It
is only on those really clear calm dry nights that the temperatures can
unexpectedly plummet to dangerous levels.

Hal