nafex - [NAFEX] Callery Pears

  • From: Justin West <cjustinwest@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Callery Pears
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 00:56:37 -0400

 I have been over the past few years converting many of the feral callery pears here on our land over to productive trees.  They have so far seemingly accepted pears of dozens of varieties, asian pears, medlars, and hawthorn.  I did some with sorbopyrus this year as well as, just to try, some liberty apples.  I suppose some of these will get rejected years from now, but at this point the feral pear forest is turning into an edible food forest with very little effort.  It would be hubris to think we will get rid of them at this point, so making the best of them...
Justin West
NJ

  • [NAFEX] callery pears, Michele Stanton, 04/22/2010
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [NAFEX] Callery Pears, Justin West, 04/24/2010