nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plum Pox, was Apricots from Afghanistan

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plum Pox, was Apricots from Afghanistan
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 15:11:07 -0400

On Apr 11, 2010, at 10:06 AM, Melissa Kacalanos wrote:

Apparently, plum pox actually can be transmitted through seeds:
[ . . .]

I guess everyone has to make up their own minds about whether or not they want to risk planting these. Let me know if you'd still like seeds.

Unfortunately, people would be making up their own minds not only for themselves, but also for all of their neighbors. Around here, at least, there are lots of wild plum family plants; so it might be not only the immediate neighbors, as disease could spread quite far.

If there's actually any doubt, I wouldn't do it.