nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pondering peaches in zone 5

  • From: "Mark and Alisha Fehringer" <markandalishafehringer@peetzplace.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pondering peaches in zone 5
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:32:59 -0600

I have both Contender and Reliance peach here in zone 4/5 Colorado. I have had them in for 3-4 years and have survived our winters OK, but, as always, fruiting depends on spring frosts. I don't know what rootstock they are on.

I budded Reliance on p. americana which hasn't done well at all. It makes a great growth of 3-4' each year, but except for a few buds, dies back completely each winter.

Mark
Northeast Colorado
z 4/5, dry, windy

  • Re: [NAFEX] pondering peaches in zone 5, Mark and Alisha Fehringer, 04/11/2010