nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Record heat in western PA

  • From: "Kieran and/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Record heat in western PA
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 09:42:26 -0500

"Everything has exploded into growth and we are about 6 weeks from last frost date.  I fear massive losses of fruit crops due to the inevitable frosts yet to come. "

John,  Welcome to Tennessee.  Someone seems to have shipped your Pennsylvania spring weather to us by mistake.  Our trees have been so delayed in bloom that I think we'll get a good crop of pears, and the Japanese plums actually looked gorgeous instead of getting frozen halfway through their bloom.     Donna