nafex - Re: [NAFEX] white fruit trees

  • From: Hélène Dessureault <interverbis@videotron.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] white fruit trees
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 18:23:30 -0400

In Europe, you often used to see a "white wash" type of tree painting done late in the Fall... It was used to protect the trees against insects, diseases and fungus invasions prior to the advent of fungicides, insecticides and whatnots which are now currently used instead. It slowly washes out over the Winter and Spring as it serves its purpose to protect the tree... and can be renewed when necessary.
I have used it myself to protect the trunk of fruit trees, I like it.
Maybe, this is what you saw...
Hélène, north of Ottawa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Dossett" <phainopepla@yahoo.com>