nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Sparkle strawberry and black satin blackberry question?

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87@frontiernet.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Sparkle strawberry and black satin blackberry question?
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:08:59 -0500

On Mar 13, 2010, at 11:12 AM, Dr.O'Barr wrote:

_Fellow Nafexers:

I ordered both sparkle and black satin some seasons ago but rec'd wrong
variety. I see the sparkle listed in both Miller's and Burgess catalogs.
Does anyone know if they have the true variety?
Any other source(s) will be appreciated. THX.

R.D. O'Barr
"Topgun"
Zone 7

Indiana Berry & Plant Co
Krohne Plant Farms
Nourse
Schlabach's Nursery
Pinetree Garden Seeds

all have Sparkle, though I don't see Black Satin. I have ordered at one time or another from all of them except maybe Krohne's, and have found them reliable.

I and others I know have had very erratic quality from Miller's. I've never ordered anything from Burgess, but they have somewhat more negative than positive ratings at Dave's Garden.