nafex - Re: [NAFEX] 'Bubblegum' plums?

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] 'Bubblegum' plums?
  • Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:04:31 -0600

'Bubblegum' is some marketer's idea of a better name than 'Toka', which is
the older name of this cultivar. You could ask people their opinions of the
flavor of 'Toka' since it's the same thing.

My Toka plums, which bore fruit for the first time last year, were smaller than the other plums I've got, not much bigger than the wild plums around here. (Maybe I should have thinned them.) They didn't look as nice as the other plums, either,... but they were easily the best-tasting. I was very happy with them.

Luckily, they didn't taste the SLIGHTEST bit like bubblegum, either.

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
The Federal Communications Commission, the Food and Drug Administration and the American Cancer Society recognize this, but for most Americans the words "quantum mechanics" are simply an announcement that you won't understand what follows. - Robert L. Park