nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Discovering the Pluot: A Review of The Perfect Fruit by Chip Brantley

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Discovering the Pluot: A Review of The Perfect Fruit by Chip Brantley
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 20:59:58 -0600

Discovering the Pluot: A Review of The Perfect Fruit

The perfect fruit? Well, maybe from a commercial standpoint. I have to admit that pluots I've bought in the grocery store have been pretty good, especially considering how disappointing other kinds of fruit often are. Pluots are sweet even when picked early, and they apparently ship really well.

But for growing my own,... I don't think I'd go that far. I've only had fruit one year, so far, but they've been a bit too sweet for my tastes. And only one variety (so far) has produced at all abundantly.

OK, my Flavor Supreme pluot this year WAS very close to the best fruit I've ever eaten, but I only got two fruit from the whole tree. It's going to have to produce a little better than that before I consider it "perfect."

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

http://garthright.blogspot.com/

--
We should end the practice of viewing words as crimes. - Liu Xiaobo, sentenced to 11 years in prison for "inciting subversion of state power" in China.