nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cambium damage in Z 3

  • From: Sarah Kehler Ewing <skkewing@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cambium damage in Z 3
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:29:04 -0800 (PST)

That certainly correlates with what we see up here: grafting wood gathered in
February (which is already after the coldest weather we get) always has way
healthier/alive buds than that gathered in April. The explanation is spring
bud kill due to weather fluctuations between very warm and then very cold.

Sarah
zone 3
Edmonton, AB