nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Emergency grafting? P.S.

  • From: "bluestem_farm@juno.com" <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Emergency grafting? P.S.
  • Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 00:16:30 GMT

Caren,

I forgot to mention that if there is still even a little strip of bark connecting top and bottom--if the top hasn't completely separated- then you could prune the heck out of the top and try splinting it back together.  One hard-won graft (only one out of three of that variety took) of my husband's broke during the growing season and he was ready to tear it off in disgust but I splinted it, wrapped it well, breathed a little prayer to the tree gods and by golly it recovered.

Muffy Barrett