nafex - Re: [NAFEX] ultrasonic fogger

  • From: piper33@verizon.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] ultrasonic fogger
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:08:19 -0600 (CST)

Ernest,
Please give a more detailed description of the aquarium pump + bucket set-up for cuttings and how it works. Where did you purchase this cloner?
-Mark

Feb 23, 2010 09:31:44 PM, nafex@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
I sent for an ultrasonic fogger but have not received it yet. It is
covered with teflon to help prevent minerals from sticking to the
transducer. Minerals will precipitate from the water onto the
crystal when ultrasonic vibrations are sent into water. I have a
cloner which uses water spray on the stems to help form roots. I
used it with mixed success for two years with rose cuttings. Success
is good the first few times I used it. Then success went to zero
when mold struck. I tried 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per
liter of deionized water and success went back up. Looks like mold
presence builds up after use. I change the water every few days and
carefully wash the equipment with hydrogen peroxide solution one a
week. I have another cloner I recently bought which is better made
and has finer water sprays than the first. A 3.5 gallon black bucket
with a cover with holes using a submersible aquarium pump with a
manifold which has four spray heads. Cuttings are held by foam plugs
in the lid holes.