nafex - [NAFEX] bridge grafting

  • From: "Brady, Kathy" <BradyK@health.missouri.edu>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] bridge grafting
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 18:35:20 -0600

I have a dear friend that has an old pear tree that has been girdled this
winter by horses. Long story, but the owners of the pear tree are quite
upset. I thought I would try my hand at saving this tree by bridge
grafting. I am relatively new at graftng , I was successful with bark,
banana and whip grafting last year, but haven't tried bridge.

I have read about it on several websites, but still can't figure out if I
need to put some type of wound dressing on while I am waiting for the proper
time to graft?

Any helpful hints are appreciated..

Kathy Brady