nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Facebook Contacts (are they real?)

  • From: "Ginda Fisher" <list@ginda.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Facebook Contacts (are they real?)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:11:03 -0500

Yes, facebook asks you frequently to give it your address book so it can find people you know, and then it sends friend requests to every address there.

But you don't annoy people by turning them down, as facebook doesn't actively tell you that someone has declined a request.  So if it sent requests you didn't even know about (which seems to happen often) they'd never notice that you declined.

My yard is frozen solid, my spring orders for new stuff have already been placed, this is about all I have to add to the NAFEX list right now.

-- Ginda

Road's End Farm wrote:

On Feb 23, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Jay Cutts wrote:

> I think Facebook asks people to import their address books and then
> automatically sends emails to people in the address book.

Well that's annoying.

It also seems to me it would result in a lot of people getting friend
requests from people in their address books who they have no intention
of friending, but who they then have to annoy twice by turning them
down.

However I suppose this is way off topic now!

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----