nafex - [NAFEX] ritual plant buying

  • From: Richard MURPHY <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: nafex <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] ritual plant buying
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 22:20:28 +0000

Ordering plants in the early spring is a Sacred Ritual to all of us plant worshipers.
Sometimes, the order consists of only stuff we really need.
How often does that happen?
Right. NEVER !!

For first-timers, myself included, this spawns a salvo of questions in all 6 directions.
Will it grow in my zone? soil? sunlight? next to a? how do they taste? pests? how fast?

Having passed through this gate, we have now convinced ourselves we will succeed.

Now, we shop around to various companies for the best price. Our credit cards are climbing out of our wallets on their own. We sit down at the PC, go on line, select the plants we picked out, then click View Cart.

Not Enough!!! whispers this little voice in your head.
He's right! How could I order only 25 strawberry plants. One needs Rhubarb for the pie, right? One plant should do. OK. Are you nuts? Six plants !!

And on, and on, and on it goes.
It could be worse.

Good luck everyone.

Murph

  • [NAFEX] ritual plant buying, Richard MURPHY, 02/22/2010