nafex - [NAFEX] Haskups/ unusual fruit consumption

  • From: Martha Davis <martha_davis@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Haskups/ unusual fruit consumption
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 19:00:34 -0700

It just goes to show that when we try unfamiliar fruit (or in fact any unfamiliar food)  we often need more information about ripeness or appropriate preparation before we know what to do with it enough to make a judgement about whether we like it.  I know what to do with persimmons and pomegranates but the tropicals and subtropicals I tasted with members of CRFG threw me for a loop because I had no idea what was ripe or even what parts to eat.  We have a panel on some cooking/eating info on unusual fruits (though not tropical) at the annual meeting this year.

Martha

  • [NAFEX] Haskups/ unusual fruit consumption, Martha Davis, 02/21/2010