nafex - Re: [NAFEX] In Defense of Big Apple Trees

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] In Defense of Big Apple Trees
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:19:42 -0500

No,
They were there when I bought the land in 1983. They had been left untended for about 10 years. I had quite a good job of pruning to do the first years!
I think the roots are seedlings, or maybe also Antonovka or some other russian could have been used as rootstock at the time (by end of the 1940's).
Claude