nafex - [NAFEX] "Crandall currant seedlings"

  • From: Richard Moyer <ramoyer@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] "Crandall currant seedlings"
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 20:37:59 -0500

Ginda wrote:
On a related note: ?I have a couple of currant seedlings that look like they are from my crandall currants. ?Does anyone know if the fruit quaity of seedlings is likely to be worth their space?

Ginda,
We had only one Ribes for about 10 years, a single Crandall.  Seedlings from it came up in our beds and I planted out a row of 5 of these.   All five are large and sprawling, and the fruit is indistinguishable from the parent plant.
Richard
Castlewood, VA