nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Powdery Mildew in the mulch pile

  • From: "Ron Powell, PhD" <Botrytis@fuse.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Powdery Mildew in the mulch pile
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:04:45 -0400

Hi,

Regarding the issue of putting powdery mildew in the mulch pile, powdery mildew is an obligate parasite or biotroph and must have living tissue to continue growing. However, some of the spores (cleistothecia) could probably survive the composting if not properly done.

Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Fruth" <jimfruth@charter.net>