nafex - Re: [NAFEX] almond tree

  • From: "Ron" <ron@kiwigrower.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] almond tree
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 20:11:46 -0400

Kent (and others),

I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one witnessing that strange growth.

I forgot to add that I am in Zone 7b about 25 miles NW of Atlanta GA.

I do not remember seeing any yellow leaves on the almond trees. The lower leaves must have dried and fell off quite early in the season. There was some vigorous new growth for a while, but it has looked like this for a long time most of the summer with no change one way or the other. Sorry for not being more observant.

Is there anything I can do this late in the season too help it feel more at home? I read they like dryer climates so I built a 6 foot wide mound about 6 inches above the lawn.

Thanks,
Ron

----- Original Message ----- From: "kent stasney" <staztoo@charter.net>