nafex - [NAFEX] Feijoa/Kiwi/Pecan Sources

  • From: "David Consolvo" <fruitopia@firstva.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Feijoa/Kiwi/Pecan Sources
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 22:13:08 -0400

Can anyone please tell me eastern U.S. retail nursery sources of:

- Named-varieties (not seedlings) of feijoas. They were pleasantly tasty
when I
lived in New Zealand.

- Fuzzy kiwi varieties -- I'm having success with Saanichton & Elmwood here
in
central Virginia, and would like to try others.

- Pecan varieties Adams 5 and Amling, recommended for home production in
trials
report at http://alabamapecangrowers.com/Members/cultivarSE.asp. TyTy has
Amling, but isn't that the nursery so many people have had complaints about?
(I
could be wrong.)

~David Consolvo
Hungrytown, Virginia