nafex - [NAFEX] The whorls engraved on my watermelons

  • From: Zeugitai <zeugitai@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] The whorls engraved on my watermelons
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 02:46:31 -0500

I have collected my watermelons for the season and find that a half dozen of them feature beautiful engraved whorls like clouds in a Chinese painting of old.  Unfortunately, the insect-artist(s) have chosen to remain anonymous.  My suspicions include grasshoppers, and slugs, as these are the only two regularly seen denizens of the watermelon patch.  The patterns and designs are really quite engaging.

Thanks!

Mark
Sac County, IA