nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Arlet tree

  • From: Lisa Almarode <lisaalmarode@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Arlet tree
  • Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 10:14:48 -0700 (PDT)

When I went looking for Arlet/Swiss Gourmet 6-7 years ago I ended up
getting it custom grafted from Big Horse Creek Farm. Nice tree, a
little slow to come to bearing (probably due to rootstock), and seemed
like I didn't get much clean fruit, so I'm not sure I'll try again.

Arlet was at the apple tasting at Portland Nursery around that time,
it was one of the best tasting apples there, as well as the best ever
found at a supermarket.

Lisa in Oregon

> I've got a request from the Chicago area for an Arlet apple
> whip.

  • [NAFEX] Arlet tree, derry&bill, 10/02/2009
    • Re: [NAFEX] Arlet tree, Lisa Almarode, 10/03/2009