nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Plant labels

  • From: "MARIE ASHTON" <bwoodtx@verizon.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Plant labels
  • Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 16:26:19 -0500

The lowest priced is just to use "Aluminum ID Markers" they can be imprinted by pressing with a ball point pen. The letters will stay for years. They come in packs of 50 with wires for tying to the pot or plant for about $5.95 per pack. Try Mountain Valley Growers for these.

If you want something a little more professional try a Dymo Professional Typewritter that uses Aluminum tape and impresses the letters and it even punches a hole for a thin wire to tye to the plant or pot. The machine and kit cost about $170 with 16 foot rolls of aluminium tape refills about about $6 each. They also last for years.

If you want to go professional try a nursery printer that prints on plastic or laminate. They start at about $850 and print regular nursery tags with or without pictures.

Regards,
Richard Ashton
Oak Creek Orchard
www.oakcreekorchard.com