nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cross cultural dislikes

  • From: "Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu" <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cross cultural dislikes
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:11:44 -0500

Peanut butter and Miracle Whip?
Naah. Gotta be mayonnaise for me.
I'll admit, as a kid, I occasionally ate peanut
butter & jelly & bologna sandwiches. Guess I liked
them, but I don't know that I could stomach one now.
Just the thought of it is a little nauseating.

Neil Lewis' defense of vegemite - and Australian
honor - reminded me of a National Geographic article
I read decades ago - about Hawaii - the author found
poi, which the natives are so fond of, to be pretty
insipid or repulsive, but in explanation, his host
indicated that native Hawaiian mothers smear poi on
their nipples, so that nursing infants become
accustomed to the taste virtually from birth.

Lucky

  • Re: [NAFEX] Cross cultural dislikes, Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu, 09/20/2009