nafex - Re: [NAFEX] goosebarry var info

  • From: "Kieran &/or Donna" <holycow@frontiernet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] goosebarry var info
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 10:37:56 -0500

http://www.cals.uidaho.edu/sandpoint/Gooseberry%20varieties.htm

Here is a variety list that is almost completely different from the list I looked at from some nursery in PNW. The descriptions are good, and more info on Am vars. Thanks for your comments so far, as the cautious tones made me want to investigate more carefully than I might have. I have no idea what kind of gooseberry I have, probably Poorman as it is rather droopy, but I can't remember seeing enough gooseberry bushes in my life to be able to compare. I do remember the old woman in east Tenn who said her mother grew gooseberries as a cash crop and took the berries to market one Saturday a year. She used a horse drawn wagon, so that was a LONG time ago, but whatever kind she grew, it produced well. They picked them green. Donna