nafex - Re: [NAFEX] cornus mas ripe?

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] cornus mas ripe?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 01:13:40 -0500

I have a big harvest this year, maybe 5 gallons of fruit.  Mine are ripening very unevenly so I'm using a tarp & shaking them off trees, then laying them out in the sun until they get as ripe as possible.  The ripest ones seem to be drying a bit but I don't anticipate that this is a problem since I want to use the steam juicer to make some juice to put up my first batch of cornus mas wine.  Now to figure out what yeast will bring out that flavor the best.

~mIEKAL