nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pollination of high bush cranberry and autumn olive

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pollination of high bush cranberry and autumn olive
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 07:55:38 -0700 (PDT)

Ray,  I think you are on the right track with planting a second ao near the first, but will let others more experienced address the issue directly.  I have 4 or 5 wild ones in the area, and have noticed a lot of variability in the fruiting of the wild ones from year to year. I suspect temperature during bloom time is a factor for them, as we typically are still susceptible to frosts at that time.