nafex - [NAFEX] Gooseberries

  • From: "Judson L. Frisk" <JLFRISK@IOWATELECOM.NET>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Gooseberries
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:56:35 -0500

Several of my 2 year old gooseberry plants have become defoliated.  The leaves appear to be rolled up like tea leaves.  I have not seen any insects on them.  I used ground up wood to mulch them from weeds and brome grass.  We have had a very wet summer (SW Iowa Z5).  Some of the older gooseberry plants appear fine and the black currents planted in the same area appear fine.  Unfortunately I do not care for the black currant fruit as much as the gooseberry fruit.

Do you think that this is a temporary problem or do you think that I will need to replant my gooseberries in a different spot?   Judson L. Frisk

  • [NAFEX] Gooseberries, Judson L. Frisk, 09/04/2009